Unification ministry plans to hold talks with UN Command to resume Panmunjom tour
时间:2023-12-03 12:33:08 出处:패션阅读（143）
South Korea's unification ministry plans to hold talks with the UN Command to resume a tour program for the inter-Korean truce village of Panmunjom, according to a ministry official on Sunday.
The tour program for ordinary citizens has been suspended since mid-July, when an American soldier crossed the inter-Korean border into North Korea during a tour to the Joint Security Area in the Demilitarized Zone, a rare unauthorized trip that led to his detention in the North.
The soldier, Pvt. Travis King, was expelled from North Korea later September and returned to the US.
Ministry officials conducted an on-site inspection of Panmunjom late last month to resume the tour program for ordinary citizens, the official said.
The ministry "plans to soon discuss a resumption schedule with the UN Command," the official said.
The UN Command oversees activities in the DMZ as an enforcer of the armistice that halted the 1950-53 Korean War. (Yonhap)
- New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
- Mama Awards stays in Japan for 2nd straight year
- 인요한 "이준석에 통크게 제안…돌아와 총선 중책 맡아달라"
- [Korean History] In 2004, serial murderer with goal to kill 100 was stopped at 20
- KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet
- 'Omega X will not give up': Boy band returns to share message of hope
- From Itaewon to Hollywood, Park Seo
- [Herald Interview] Through memories, Bora Jin pens ode to grandfather and Busan
- Spike in camping enthusiasts in Korea, yet camping etiquette lags behind